Printed on 23.05.2018
Here you could choose some great stuff for yourself, your friends or your loved ones! Be unique! Impress your friends! Get an exclusive original gift or use it yourself!
Check it out!
Language and Travel Guide to Ukraine (Paperback)
- From Library Journal. Coauthored by a writer of Ukrainian ancestry and another of Ukrainian nativity, this unusual combination of language instruction, sightseeing guide, and travel survival kit works by keeping it simple. Useful to all visitors, especially those visiting family. Copyright 1999 Reed Business Information, Inc.
ORDER IT -> Language and Travel Guide to Ukraine (Paperback)
- From Library Journal Now the capital of independent Ukraine, Kiev has had a long and varied history. The center of Russian national development during medieval times (Kievan Rus), it was one of the great European cities until the Mongol juggernaut of A.D. 1240 reduced it to obscure backwater status for almost 600 years. The author (history, Centre Coll., Kentucky) carefully examines those forces that prompted its 19th-century renaissance, e.g., a geographical predisposition to become a major agricultural and communications center. He also explores such topics as Kiev's extraordinary ethnic diversity, its social and cultural resources, and its role in an emerging revolutionary tradition. The heavy use of statistics and general avoidance of the dramatic clearly circumscribe the book's potential audience, but as the first "biography" of Kiev readily available in English, this should be added to most academic collections. - Mark R. Yerburgh, Fern Ridge Community Lib., Veneta, Ore. Copyright 1993 Reed Business Information, Inc.
ORDER IT -> Kiev (Paperback)
Ukrainian Plus Russian Phrases for Children - An Adoption Language Tool for English Speaking Parents (2 phrase books + audio CD) (Paperback)
- Adopting from Ukraine? Over 200 phrases and words you need to know in Ukrainian and Russian the two languages spoken in Ukraine. CONTENTS: Arriving in Ukraine. Meeting your child. Alone with your child. Naptime and bedtime. Building vocabulary. Arriving home. Educational. Each order comes with TWO (one for each of you) identical 48-page pocket-sized (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") phrase books and one 73 minute audio CD.
Ukrainian-English / English-Ukrainian Dictionary (Paperback)
- Review: This dictionary is the best I could find for the price. To get the same quality of Ukrainian-English dictionary as this would cost well over $60. It has 679 pages of definitions and a very good notes for Ukrainian grammar. The Ukrainian grammar in the front is helpful while learning the language because it gives a quick reference to declensions and verb conjugation while writing or talking. I also love the size. It is very portable in size and paperback makes it easy to transport. (by Ukraine Lover (League City, TX))
Ukrainian: Phrasebook and Dictionary (Hippocrene Language Studies) (Paperback)
- Whether you are familiarizing yourself with the language, or planning a trip to Ukraine, this is the phrasebook for you. For business, education, or leisure, one must realize that this area once part of the former Soviet Union has a culture and language that is quite different from Russian.
Ukrainian Phrasebook (Paperback)
- Packed with phrases on everything from bargaining at a rynok to hiking and eating out, this book will spice up your Ukrainian adventure. Whether bathing in culture or the Black Sea, speak the language and make your experiences unique. Our phrasebooks give you a comprehensive mix of practical and social words and phrases in more than 120 languages. Chat with the locals and discover their culture - a guaranteed way to enrich your travel experience.
ORDER IT -> Ukrainian Phrasebook (Paperback)
Colloquial Ukrainian (Colloquial Series) (Paperback)
- Colloquial Ukrainian is easy to use and no prior knowledge of the language is required. These CDs are recorded by native Ukrainian speakers and will play on any audio system. The material can be used on its own or to accompany the book, helping you with pronunciation and listening skills.
Ukrainian Recipes (Spiral-bound)
- This spiral-bound index card size book contains dozens of traditional recipes from Ukrainian-American kitchens. Makes a great gift or "stocking stuffer" for friends and relatives.
ORDER IT -> Ukrainian Recipes (Spiral-bound)
Ukrainian: Lonely Planet Phrasebook (Mass Market Paperback)
- Wherever you go in Ukraine, you'll soon be mingling with the locals. Packed with phrases on everything from bargaining at a rynok to hiking and eating out, this book with spice up your Ukrainian adventure. Order your borshch in the local language, navigate the bustling streets of cosmopolitan Kyiv or try your hand at ice fishing. Whether bathing in culture or the Black Sea, Ukraine will deliver! In This Guide: Get to know the local customs - a toast calls for downing your horilka in one gulp! Discover a world of words on traditional dance and folk music. Experience the dazzling nightlife - talk your way into places-to-be. Decipher Cyrillic script on train tickets, street signs and menus. Kick conversational goals with Dynamo Kyiv soccer fans. Learn the language with easy-to-use grammar and pronunciation.
Ukraine: A History (Paperback)
- In 1988 Orest Subtelny's Ukraine was published to international acclaim, as the definitive history of what was at the time a state within the USSR. In the years since we have seen the dismantling of the Soviet bloc and the restoration of Ukraine's independence - a time of celebration for Ukrainians throughout the world, and of tumultuous change for those in the homeland. With this new edition of Ukraine: A History, Subtelny revises the story up to the spring of 2000. A new chapter focuses on the achievements and failures of the new state and society in international affairs, internal politics, and economic and social development.
ORDER IT -> Ukraine: A History (Paperback)
Lonely Planet Russia, Ukraine & Belarus (Lonely Planet Russia and Belarus) (Paperback)
- This invaluable guide takes you beyond borsch, Bolsheviks and the Bolshoi to unveil cultural treasures, fast- moving cities, and vast, empty landscapes in a region that stretches halfway around the world.
- 124 detailed maps, including metro maps
- special food & drink section - more than just vodka and caviar
- tips on avoiding queues and beating bureaucracy
- details on getting around, from Minsk to Moscow to Magadan
- the latest on gallery-hopping in St Petersburg, lazing on a beach in Crimea and climbing volcanoes in the Russian Far East
Chernobyl Record: The Definitive History of the Chernobyl Catastrophe (Hardcover)
- Provides historical scientific record of the events leading up to and the aftermath of Chernobyl. Includes eye-witness records and an extensively illustrated documentary.
Russia, Ukraine, and the Breakup of the Soviet Union (Paperback)
- This book chronicles the final two decades in the history of the Soviet Union and presents a story that is often lost in the standard interpretations of the collapse of communism in Eastern Europe and the USSR. Although there were numerous reasons for the collapse of communism, it did not happen—as it may have seemed to some—overnight. To understand why the USSR broke up the way it did, it is necessary to understand the relationship between the two most important nations of the USSR—Russia and Ukraine—during the Soviet period and before, as well as the parallel but interrelated processes of nation formation in both states.
© 2010. BestOfUkraine.com. All Rights Reserved.